VOLKSWAGEN Commercial Vehicles is to launch a new scheme to recognise conversion specialists to widen the range of conversions available on VW commercial vehicle bodies.
VW is launching the scheme when it returns to the Commercial Vehicle Show at the NEC in Birmingham (26-28 April ), the first time the manufacturer has attended the show since 2011.
The new Converter Recognition Programme builds on the company’s existing and successful Engineered For You and Engineered To Go schemes
It will ensure conversions meet operators’ current needs and expectations and will widen the range of VW approved LCV conversions available.
There will be a three-tier programme to suit differing converter needs, with more details in due course.
Key features of the Converter Recognition Programme
- New, more stringent, converter audits will underpin the quality of the products available
- The latest scheme will allow customers to access a ‘one stop shop’ for converted vehicles, meaning that they only have to deal with the Van Centre
- Increasing convenience, customers will also only receive one invoice (when purchased via the Van Centre)
- Customers will benefit from added peace of mind as the new programme stipulates the conversion warranty must match that of the base vehicle
- Some common conversions (tipper, fridge, Luton) will be able to be serviced and repaired in Van Centre rather than having to return to the converter