Nemo Multispace road test
Review: Ralph Morton
Citroen Nemo Multispace 1.4 HDi
What is it?
Citroen’s handy urban van kitted out as a passenger car with five seats. Ideal for light delivery work where a full commercial vehicle isn’t needed – such as florists and gardeners – but you also get the benefit of a car, too. Available with 1.4 petrol or 1.4 diesel engine.
- Rear seats fold down for flat cargo area
- …with 2500 litre space when rear seats completely removed
- Two side sliding doors for easy access
- Cute, chunky looks
- Comfortable seats with attractive trim…
- …This doesn’t feel like a ‘cheap’ car made from a van
- There’s electric windows, power steering, too
- Diesel engine gives excellent mid-range acceleration…
- …And miserly fuel consumption of 62.8mpg
- With low emissions of 119g/km there’s £35 road tax
- High-up seating position gives good view of the road
- Precise gearchange from chunky gearlever
- In car mode plenty of passenger space thanks to upright seats
- In-out rear access easy with specific open and close door latches
- Thoughtful touches like magnetic boot torch which clamps to bodywork…
- …Useful for changing wheels in the dark
- No air conditioning – a £500 option
- Agitated and bouncy ride over rough surfaces
- No VAT reclamation
What you need to Know
|Monthly Rental: *||£200 + VAT|
|What will it be worth: **||£n/a|
|Loadspace Volume:||890-2500 litres|
|Basic Loadspace Dimensions:||n/a|
|Engine:||1.4 8v 4cyl turbo diesel|
*Monthly contract hire rental generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.
**Trade value of van if purchased after three years and 60,000 miles.
(Powered by Deltapoint)
Business Van Manager Road Test Rating
Why have a van and a car when the Citroen Nemo Multispace does both? The Nemo Multispace makes perfect sense for non-VAT registered traders that need a small delivery vehicle during the weekday, but a car in the evenings and weekends. The Nemo is economical, spacious and lots of fun. A small business winner.