MINIMISING downtime for your vehicles is vital for trades people and van operators.
So to help limit vehicle-off-road time, Kwik-Fit, the parts, repair and replacement specialist group, is to introduce a range of initiatives at next week’s Commercial Vehicle Show.
Among the plans are:
- Expansion of MoT tests on Class 7 vans – those over 3000kg up to and including 3500kg
- A new card called Kwik Fit Drive which gives van drivers access to Kwik-Fit services at better prices, vehicle breakdown and recovery services, and can be used to buy fuel at supermarkets
- There’ll be an expanded range of premium-, mid- and budget-priced tyres
- And Kwik-Fit will show one of its new mobile tyre replacement and servicing vans.
Major investment in Kwik-Fit’s van tyre-fitting facilities and expansion of its service offering to small van fleets was announced at the CV Show last year. The offering includes:
- An expanded range of LCV tyres
- Specialist van servicing equipment
- Staff training on vans
- Ensuring that most of the Kwik-Fit network can take bigger vans including the growing number of hi-roof, long-wheel base models.
And Kwik-Fit Mobile is to continue the renewal of its 200-strong fleet with plans to replace another 50 vans having introduced 53 new Mercedes-Benz Sprinters last year.
Its van fleet has a range of ancillary equipment that includes jacks capable of lifting vans up to 3.5-tonnes.
Kwik-Fit fleet director Peter Lambert told Business Vans: “The CV Show is the shop window for commercial vehicle operators. We are continuing to increase our commercial vehicle focus and expand our range of services to fleets operating all sizes of vans.”
The CV Show takes place at Birmingham’s NEC from 9-11 April. If you use business vans, get along and see what’s new.