CITROEN launched the latest version of its large panel van, the Relay, with a fanfare at the CV Show this week.
Introducing the new model, Citroen head of commercial vehicles Jeremy Smith said: “When it goes on sale in the third quarter this year, new Relay will build upon the success of its predecessor.
“We expect the wide choice of New Relay variants – all offering class-leading load-carrying practicality and low cost of operation, coupled with even higher standards of equipment – will increase its popularity with both national fleets and SME businesses.”
New Relay will be available with a wide choice range of factory-built variants, including:
- Panel vans in 3.0- 3.3-, 3.5- and 4.005-tonne GVW formats.
- Panel vans with standard high specification plus further enhancements for Enterprise versions.
- A choice of four panel van load lengths and three roof heights for load volumes of 8, 10, 13 and 17cu m.
- Panel van payloads ranging from 1140kg-1995kg.
- Choice of 3.5- and 4.005-tonne GVW chassis cabs.
- A 3.5-tonne GVW chassis crew cab.
- 3.5-tonne GVW back-to-back cab units for special low-loading, hi-cube conversions.
- New Relay specialist tippers, dropsides and Luton vans.
The new model stands out with a stylish new front end and large high-mounted headlights incorporating daytime running lights.