THE shockingly affordable car brand, Dacia, is launching its first van today.
The Dacia Duster Commercial made its debut at the CV Show at the NEC, Birmingham (April 14-16).
The factory-built van features blacked out windows, a metal bulkhead, and a plastic lined load area providing up to 1150 litres of load space.
Payload is 550kg with the load bay extending to almost 1.4 metres.
There will be a 4×2 version of the Dacia Duster Commecial van and a full 4×4 version. Two trims will be available: Ambiance and Laureate.
Standard kit includes:
- Roof bars
- Chrome grille
- Toughened plastic floor with two anchorage points
- Electric front windows
- Radi/CD player with MP3 compatability
- Bluetoot mobile phone connectivity
- AUX and USB sockets
- ABS brakes
- Anti-skid Electronic Stability Control and Traction Control
Top line Laureate models add:
- Alloy wheels
- Satin Chrome roof bars
- Side sills and scuff plates
- Piano black interior detailing
- Trip computer
- Cruise control
- Air conditioning
Power for all versions will come from a 1.5-litre diesel engine producing 107hp with 240Nm torque at 1750rpm.
Dacia says its new Duster Commercial will appeal to the trades, such as painter and decorators as well as landscape gardeners, ground maintenance staff and forestry workers.
“Our aim is to bring Duster to the UK’s van buyers in true Dacia style with a value-for-money product and transparent pricing,” said Andy Heiron, Daci brand manager.
The new Dacia Duster Commercial van goes on sale later in April; first deliveries will be in June.
Dacia Duster Commercial Van pricing
- Commercial Ambiance dCi 110 4×2, £9595 + VAT
- Commercial Ambiance dCi 110 4×4, £11,295 +VAT
- Commercial Laureate dCi 110 4×2, £10,845 + VAT
- Commercial Laureate dCi 110 4×4, £12,545 +VAT