Citroen Berlingo is Glass’s Used Van Hero
- Why? Has been mainstay of businesses for many years. Economic and reliable with good choice of sensible trim levels.
- When was it on sale? 1996 to current. Received a facelift in 2015.
- What’s good? Good discounts available from main dealers for new sales. Decent dealer network with parts available relatively cheaply.
- What’s bad? There are so many used examples around that finding the right one can be tricky. Aim for one with a full service history.
- Ideal buy? 625 Enterprise 1.6HDI 75bhp L1 14/14 plate 30,000 miles – £4,500 + VAT
BUSINESS Vans‘ Van of the Year 2015 and a mainstay of many fleets that has been around since 1996, Citroen’s popular Berlingo is Glass’s Used Van Hero for September.
Each month, Glass’s commercial vehicle editors hold a meeting to name the current Used Van Hero in the UK market – the model they believe offers outstanding value, quality and ability.
Andy Picton, senior commercial vehicle editor, said: “The Berlingo is economical and reliable with three trim levels to choose from.
“Good discounts are available from main dealers for new sales and there are plenty of examples in the used marketplace, although you do need to sort the wheat from the chaff.”
Andy added that the Citroen also had a decent specialist dealer network with parts available at relatively low prices for key wear-and-tear items.
“In our opinion, it’s a gem of a van for all kinds of businesses and is the very definition of well-proven. Certainly, it deserves to be named as a Used Van Hero.”