The five judges have assessed the 50 entries we received to produce a shortlist of the best vans in each trade sector.
The two most hotly contested categories were the Best Small Trades Van and Best Green Van, where entries ranged from the all-electric Renault Kangoo to large vans such as the Transporter BlueMotion and Vivaro ecoFLEX.
“We’ve aligned the awards categories to trades and van uses for the small business and SME market of Business Vans,” commented editor Ralph Morton.
“The idea has been well received by the van makers which has resulted in such an excellent response for our first Business Van of the Year Award 2014. It will help our SME readers focus their thoughts on the best in the market for them.”
There were 12 categories to enter; from the shortlisted entries the chairman and judges will choose the Business Van of the Year 2014.
The Business Van of the Year Awards will be announced at a special awards luncheon in Mayfair, London, on January 16, 2014.
The Business Van Awards judges
Mark Cartwright Mark is the head of vans and light commercial vehicles at FTA, responsible for spreading the Van Excellence message to SMEs
Marcus Puddy Marcus is the director of commercial vehicles with the biggest leasing company in the UK, LexAutolease, serving both SMEs and large fleet customers.
Richard Bunn Richard is director of White Hot Vans, which specialises in selling vans to his local SME database of trades and small businesses, based in St Albans, Hertfordshire .
Eddie Parker Eddie is fleet LCV consultant at GE Capital Fleet Services, a major leasing company in the UK with a specialist vans section.
Keith Hawes Keith is managing director of Magma Automotive Services which specialises in automotive services to the SME sector. Keith is chairman of the Business Van Awards judging panel.
Best Local Delivery Van
- Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCi ECOnetic 95ps
- Vauxhall Corsavan 1.3CDTi 95ps ecoFlex Start Stop
- Volkswagen Caddy 1.6TDi C20 BlueMotion Technology 102ps DSG
Best City Van
- Citroen Nemo 1.3HDi 75 660 LX
- Mercedes Citan 108CDI Compact
- Peugeot Bipper 1.3HDi Professional 75 ATV
Best Small Trades Van
- Citroen Berlingo 1.6HDi L1 625 Enterprise 75bhp
- Peugeot Partner L1 Hdi 92 850 Professional ATV
- Renault Kangoo ML19DCi 75 Core Stop+Start
- Vauxhall Combo 1.3CDTi 2300 L1H1 90ps ecoFlex Start Stop
- Volkswagen Caddy 1.6 TDI 75PS C20 BlueMotion Technology
Best Large Trades Van
- Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi 1000 L1H1 90 ps
- Ford Transit Custom 250 SWB LR 100ps
- Volkswagen Transporter T28 SWB Trendline BlueMotion Technology 84ps
Best Heavy Van
- Ford Transit 300SWB MR FWD 100ps
- Renault Master MM35 Dci 100 Energy FWD
- Volkswagen Crafter CR35 LWB HR 109PS BlueMotion Technology