BUILDERS and small building firms can now take advantage of a wider choice of chassis cabs with the arrival of the new Ford Transit Chassis Cab with its range of Tipper and Dropside conversions in the Ford Transit One-Stop Shop range.
Along with the new 2.0 tonne Ford Transit Panel van, the chassis cab will be available from the end of March in single cab format.
A Double Chassis Cab joins the range at the end of October 2014.
Available under the Ford Transit One-Stop brand of ready converted and Ford warranted conversions, there is the choice of Dropside, one way Tipper and three-way Tipper, all produced by VFS for Ford.
The Tipper is available on the 350 MWB Chassis Cab and 350 LWB Double Cab and features:
- Single rear tipping ability with 45 degree tip angle
- A top and bottom hinged tailboard
- Galvanised steel construction
- Pull up load lashing points in load bed
- 2kW electro-hydraulic power pack
- 3 year 100,000 mile warranty
The three-way Tipper provides extra versatility around building sites where restrictions apply. The sideboards can be either dropped away or held in place by retaining chains.
Features of the three-way Tipper include
- 45-degree tip angle three ways: rear, nearside, offside
- Five-stage underfloor ram with built-in shock absorber
- Tough roll form edge to load deck sides and rear
- Tailboard that’s hinged both top and bottom
- Sideboards with 90 degree retaining chains
The Ford Transit Dropside offers builders a payload that ranges between 1 and 1.5 tonnes, and body lengths from 2.81 metres to 4.01 metres.