HOW’s your German? You might know that Vorsprung Durch Technik, catchline of those Audi commercials, roughly translates as progress or advancement through technology. But how about Das WeltAuto?
It’s actually a new national approved used van scheme from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles aimed at providing customers with a broader choice when buying a secondhand vehicle.
Das Welt Auto (which translates as The World Car) will also offer used LCV buyers similar options as those available to new van buyers and help business cut the time spent seeking out the right vehicle.
Under the scheme, any commercial vehicle, whether Volkswagen or otherwise with less than 100,000 miles on the clock, can be sold as an approved Das WeltAuto van (as long as the required standards are met).
The Volkswagen Van Centre will suggest a number of approved accessories for each LCV van, to improve and personalise the vehicle. These could include parking sensors, cruise control, alloy wheel upgrades, satellite navigation or Bluetooth / iPod connectivity.
And to make the process as clear as possible, prices shown will include VAT and fitting charges.
What does the Das WeltAuto programme include?
- 12 months minimum comprehensive warranty
- 12 months minimum Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Roadside Assistance, with breakdown and recovery services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in the UK and Europe
- Vehicle data and mileage checks
- Technical quality checks
- A replacement vehicle in the event of a breakdown or warranty repair
- Vehicle customisation from a comprehensive range of accessories
- 30-day/1000 miles ‘Right of Exchange’ policy
- Test drive of the vehicle before committing to buy
- Trade in on your current vehicle, irrespective of age and mileage
- A wide range of finance options including Hire Purchase, Lease Purchase, Finance Lease and service plans
- Seven days’ complimentary Volkswagen Insurance.