Fiesta SportVan road test Review: Sam Hardy
Ford Fiesta Sportvan 1.6TDCi 90PS
What is it?
A hot hatch Ford Fiesta van. Based on the 1.6TDCi model, Sportvan gets front and rear splitters, 16-inch alloy wheels and a boot spoiler. Inside, there are sports seats, metal-effect trim and leather coverings for the gearlever and steering wheel.
- Thanks to that bodykit, the Sportvan certainly draws attention
- Seats are comfortable and the interior is logically laid out
- Handles very well with direct steering and hardly any body roll
- Diesel only musters 88bhp but…
- …with 240Nm of torque, performance is still strong
- Should return around 50mpg
- Over 1,000 litres of cargo space and a 543kg payload too.
- That hollow space behind you makes for lots of road noise
- Despite metal trim, the cabin is still drab
- Technology Pack comes with Bluetooth, aircon and a heated screen…
- …but costs an extra £600
- New Fiesta van is due in around 12 months
What you need to Know
|Monthly Rental: *||£287|
|What will it be worth: **||£2718|
|Loadspace Volume:||1 cubic metre|
|Basic Loadspace Dimensions:||1320mm x 1366mm|
|Engine:||1.6-litre turbo diesel|
*Monthly commercial vehicle rental courtesy of the Van Unit at Lombard Vehicle Management. Based on 36 months/60,000-mile contract hire agreement with maintenance contract.
** Trade value of van if purchased after three years and 60,000 miles. (Powered by Deltapoint)
Business Van Manager Road Test Rating
Ideal for owner-drivers the Ford Fiesta Sportvan stands out from the crowd and drives well. It’s not the newest van on the roads, and you’ll have to stump up £600 for some business essentials like Bluetooth and aircon, but it still adds up to a strong package.