IT’S British and it’s the best at doing the business in the hands of Britain’s growing army of successful businesses – the Luton-built Vauxhall Vivaro!
On sale for just over a year and the latest Vauxhall Vivaro, top-selling retail van, is now properly crowned as it adds the Business Van of the Year 2016 prize to its rapidly filling trophy cabinet.
“So why is it our top van you may ask? Well in a nutshell, it’s a massive step forward over its already excellent predecessor,” says Martyn Collins, editor of Business Vans.
The Business Van of the Year Awards 2016:
- Business Van of the Year: Vauxhall Vivaro
- Best Small Delivery Van: Ford Transit Courier
- Best Small Trades Van: Ford Transit Custom
- Best Large Trades Van: Vauxhall Vivaro
- Best Heavy Van: Vauxhall Movano
- Best Pick Up: Volkswagen Amarok
- Best Green Van: Vauxhall Vivaro
- Best Crew Van: Volkswagen Transporter T6 Kombi
- Best finance & service package: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
That’s why it’s also been judged Best Green Van and as a workhorse also Best Large Trades Van in a triple triumph for Vauxhall’s team at Luton.
And there’s more, with Vauxhall Movano also winning the category for Best Heavy Van.
Volkswagen also swept up triple honours, with the Transporter T6 Kombi judged Best Crew Van, the Amarok the Best Pick-Up, and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles winning Best Finance and Service Package.
And Ford weren’t to be left out after marking 50 years of the Transit, with Transit Courier Best Small Delivery Van and Transit Custom Best Small Trades Van.
The Business Van of the Year awards judging panel
- Chair Dave Bowen, managing director of BT Fleet
- Andy Alderson, Vanarama managing director,
- Duncan Ward, BCA regional operational director,
- Jayson Whitttington, manager of commercial vehicle and leisure valuations at Glass’s Guide ,
- James Davis, director of commercial vehicles at Manheim
- Eddie Parker, fleet consultant for GE Capital Fleet Services.
Martyn Collins says of Vivaro: “Like the last Vivaro, the current one is easy and car-like to drive. Yet the latest Vivaro adds impressive refinement and in winning 1.6 CDTI 16v BiTurbo form – this Vauxhall boasts 120PS and 320Nm of torque. However, all this power isn’t likely to hit buyers in the pocket as it’s still capable of a class-leading 47.9mpg on the combined cycle.
“Inside the Vivaro’s cabin, operators who need their van’s cabin to double up as a mobile office will be right at home, as there’s plenty of clever, user-friendly features.
“But it’s not just innovative cabin features that impress. In winning Sportive trim, the Vivaro’s practical 8.6 cu m load area boasts the clever FlexCargo load-through bulkhead as standard. This means that items up to 3.75m in length can be carried with ease.
Vauxhall Vivaro 1.6CDTi 16v BiTurbo 120PS L1H1 Sportive
- Gross vehicle weight: 2,760kg
- Payload: 1,092kg
- Load volume: 8.6 cu m
- Fuel economy (combined): 47.9mpg
- CO2 emissions: 155 g/km
- Price (ex-VAT): £21,553
“Vivaro Sportive models also have a generous level of standard equipment with a six-way adjustable driver’s seat with height adjustable armrest and lumbar support, Bluetooth, USB and a digital radio included. Other innovative features include the wide-angle, blind spot mirror and ecoMode offered as standard,” he added.
Dave Bowen, chairman of the judges and managing director of BT Fleet, summed up his thoughts on the Vivaro: “The Vivaro provides outstanding green credentials and a fantastic overall small business solution.
“The Vivaro eco FLEX BiTurbo offers a hard working business tool that through sheer efficiency helps minimise its environmental impact.”
The Business Van Awards 2016 are sponsored by Vanarama.