- what information BCM may collect about you;
- how BCM will use information we collect about you;
- when BCM may use your details to contact you;
- whether BCM will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Our websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including
cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will BCM collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any BCM
website, such as newsletters, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable BCM and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
How will BCM use the information they collect about me?
BCM will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to deliver any products or services you have requested;
- for “service administration purposes” (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to inform you of other relevant products and services that as far as BCM determines match your industry and job function;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide;
- to personalise the way content is presented to you;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on businesscarmanager.co.uk and businessvans.co.uk. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
When will BCM contact me?
BCM may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order
- to ensure that BCM can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to BMC, e.g. on BCM message boards;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about BCM services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where legislation permits this and you have not told us that you do not wish to be contacted.
Will BCM share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep and use your information in line with best practice and our legal obligations under the current UK data protection and privacy legislation.
Offensive or inappropriate content on BCM websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to BusinessCarManager.co.uk and Businessvans.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, BCM may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where BCM reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), BCM may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
How long will BCM keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevantcontract you hold with BCM or BCM’s corporate retention schedule (this is a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a BCM member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute to Businesscarmanager.co.uk or Businessvans.co.uk we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, BCM will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition. However other projects are likely to have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
Can I find out what personal information BCM holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information BCM holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
What if I am accessing BCM websites outside the UK?
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the BCM features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. This can be achieved through personalisation of your web pages or analysing user activity to determine what is more popular and what is not.
© Business Car Manager Limited | Registered in England and Wales number 5581943 | Registered office 10 Cardinals Walk, Hampton, Middx TW12 2TS, UK. | VAT number is 871 7461 04.