LOOKING to purchase a used van but unable to visit a van sales specialist safely is one of the issues potential buyers are currently facing during the COVID-19 Lockdown.
With full lockdown restrictions not looking likely to lift for the next few months and the demand for used approved vans still strong, there is a way to avoid having to go to a dealer.
Herd Group has introduced a brand-new ‘safe’ initiative to enable it to deliver used vans to homes of potential buyers with no charge and no obligation to purchase.
Managing Director, Nigel Schroder said: “Delivering an experience of a dealership at the customer’s home in a safe and hygienic manner will enable the continued movement of vans during this difficult time.
“We know LCVs are at the forefront of getting the country back on its feet and we wanted to ensure continued demand could be met in a safe and hygienic manner as customers turn to commercial vehicles to restart their businesses. ”
Herd operates with strict guidelines and enhanced hygiene checks to prevent transference of infection.
- Steering wheel, controls and door handles will be sanitized using wipes prior to customer viewing
- Promote social distancing on the viewing of the van
- PPE (gloves and masks) will be worn at all times by staff
- PPE (gloves and mask) will be supplied (sealed) for the customer if required
- Vans have three seats so there will be an empty seat and a Perspex screen between customer and staff on test drive
The process includes:
- Viewing organised at a convenient time for the customer
- The van will be taken to the customer by one of Herd’s team
- Full interior/ exterior viewing will then be available on the customers drive/ outside property
- Full-service history available to view
- A safe accompanied test drive if required
- If the customer would like to purchase, they can with a holding deposit taken via card or online payment
- Finance available, instant decisions online at home
- Upon receipt of payment, all paperwork will be completed, and the vehicle will be delivered to the customer at a convenient time
- All paperwork will be completed online, and customer supplied with the new keeper slip and spare key both delivered via courier/ tracked Royal Mail