SsangYong Musso Saracen
Share this article
  • 4

DRIVING abroad after March 29? Then you need to think ahead about what paperwork is needed.

The BVRLA has issued advice as the government publishes further guidance on International Driving Permits and Green Cards, as part of its no-deal-Brexit preparations.

BVRLA Chief Executive Gerry Keaney said: “We are reminding drivers of leased and rented vehicles of their obligation to get a VE103 certificate from their hire or lease company before taking their vehicle overseas.

“It is essential documentation that our members provide customers with to prove that they have permission to drive the vehicle. Without it, they can be subject to delays at the border, or in the worst instance, have their vehicle impounded.”

From now, 2,500 Post Office branches will be selling International Driving Permits (IDP). Previously only 65 branches provided this service. Depending upon the outcome of EU-Exit negotiations, UK citizens may need to carry an IDP as well as their UK driving licence when driving on the continent.

Drivers can find out more about the VE103 on the BVRLA website and should visit the DVLA or websites to check the latest guidance on documents required when driving abroad.

Previous articleVW rewards customer loyalty
Next articleWhen should you light up?
Chris Wright
Chris Wright has been covering the automotive industry nationally and internationally for 30 years. Following spells with consumer titles he became News Editor of Automotive Management (AM), Editor of Automotive International, International Editor for Detroit-based Automotive News, and Editor of Dealer Update. He has also co-authored several FT Management Reports and contributes regularly to


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here