YOU are busy running your business and how much of your time is taken up by managing your fleet of vans?
It could well be that you would benefit from outsourcing.
Whether it’s as straight forward as just providing maintenance of existing vehicles, to the more complex challenges of running the fleet day-to-day, outside help can reduce costs, increase efficiency, improve driver safety and free-up time.
After all, there’s a lot to think about:
- Who is driving what, where?
- How much fuel is being used?
- What maintenance is required?
- What happens if a vehicle is off the road
- What if one of my drivers has an accident
Those are just a few of the what ifs. Before you know it, looking after your vans is taking up valuable time. Time which you really need to run your core business.
How can outsourcing help?
We asked the winner of this year’s Business Vans fleet management award.
Northgate Vehicle Hire provides bespoke fleet management to create solutions for each of the key management areas: vehicle management and maintenance, accidents, fuel and risk.
This cradle-to-grave service helps clients identify fleet efficiencies and cost savings. Its 12 months+ offering is a minimum-term product that’s a flexible alternative to contract hire or ownership.
It offers improved hire rates, with a shorter minimum commitment, without penalties. Service, Maintenance and Repair (SMR) and replacement vehicles are included as standard.
Uniquely, clients may swap their vehicle once during the hire term should an alternative vehicle become necessary. Vehicles may be customised and branded to client specifications.
To help our customers avoid or at least minimise downtime, Northgate provides a range of key services, including:
- 24/7 replacement vehicle provision in the event of breakdown throughout our network.
- 24/7/365 roadside assistance and recovery across the UK
- To maximise vehicle uptime, it operates a range of maintenance solutions through a national network of workshops and support locations
- Providing a courtesy vehicle if the planned maintenance is scheduled to take more than two hours.
- Certain branches also offer mobile servicing taking technicians to the customer.
- Standard servicing is included in prices
- Workshops are approved warranty repairers for Ford, Mercedes, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Mitsubishi and Iveco
Northgate also recognises that vehicles are business tools and some natural wear and tear will occur. For damage on its vehicles, it offers a tolerance of up to £350, which means that customers can use the vehicle to get the job done without worrying about keeping it in showroom condition.
Northgate’s bespoke packages can be tailored for customers looking for minimum term contracts to ensure they have stability with their hired vehicles.
These terms can run from 12 to 48 months – giving customers the assurance that their future van rental requirements are taken care of.