IT’S always good news when the great D-MAX pick-up gets a bit of TLC from Isuzu.
And that’s what’s happened with MY17 model, due spring.
While the ruggedly attractive looks remain, it’s what’s under the bonnet that has been changed.
So what’s new on next-generation D-MAX?
- There’s a brand new 1.9-litre turbo diesel engine
- Power is 164 PS but there’s a handy 360Nm of torque;
- It’s quieter and more refined, says Isuzu;
- Towing capacity remains at 3.5 tonnes;
- There’s a 1 tonne payload
- New engine is Euro 6 without the need for AdBlue.
Otherwise the bits you like already stay the same, such as the Shift-On-The-Fly 4×4. The rotary dial allows the driver to select four-wheel drive on the move as well as low range gears.
The next-generation D-Max also comes with a five-year/125,000-mile warranty, and was the first pick-up in the UK to be offered with such a comprehensive peace-of-mind package.
There’s also five years’ recovery and European cover, a three-year paint warranty, and a six-year anti-corrosion warranty.
Servicing requirements are 12,000 miles or every 24-months.