WANT some sound advice on running your business vans? Then get down to one of the Freight Transport Association’s Van Excellence conferences.
The Van Excellence scheme is all about raising the standards of van management and the conference programme reflects that.
The newly formed Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has made it clear it intends to target non-compliant van operators, so one of the key sessions at this year’s events will focus on load security and overloading.
FTA head of vans Mark Cartwright told Business Vans: “We all know that keeping vans within legal weight limits can be a challenge for many operators, particularly those using vans as mobile toolboxes, and it is vitally important that we focus on load security and overloading at the Van Excellence conferences to ensure best practice is identified.”
Key sessions at each event include:
- Lowering your carbon footprint, including fuel management
- The importance of Van Excellence for small fleet operators
- Load security and overloading
- The role of technology
- Managing driver behaviour
- Developments in vehicle and operational technology
- Professionalising the fleet – recognising van drivers
The conferences are sponsored by Van Excellence Industry Partners ATS Euromaster, BT Fleet, Hertz Van Rental, Lex Autolease and TomTom Business Solutions.
Click here for further information or to book a place.