A VAUXHALL concept van duo – its first in over a decade – has been unveiled to celebrate Vauxhall’s commercial vehicle partnership for the 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship (BSB).
Debuting at the first BSB race of the season last weekend at Donington Park, the Vivaro Race Van Concept and the Movano Race Van Concept will be on display at all UK BSB race meetings throughout the season.
Vauxhall Vivaro Race Van Concept
Vivaro Race Van Concept – the van
- Based on the new up-level Vivaro Limited Edition NAV L2H1 F2900 145PS BiTurbo S/S, its features include:
- Dual passenger bench with fold-flat centre section
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control and rear parking sensors
- NAVI50 Intellilink
- Black alloy wheels
Based on the best-selling Brit-built Vivaro panel van, the Vivaro Race Van Concept was designed in consultation with industry experts including Sortimo.
During the working week, this Vivaro is completely functional as a mobile workshop supporting any number of trade professionals, however, on a non-working day it can be easily-transformed into a race day van to support track-day or even off-road motorcycling.
The cargo layout is well-considered and appropriately flexible. Along the driver side the layout features a combination of fixed racking and removable lightweight mobile workstations. Decamping from the Vivaro into the pits or paddock couldn’t be easier. The passenger side has folding shelves to store additional kit.
Emptied and folded up against the body, the space beside the motorbike is maximised to help easier access in and out, and there is also space allocated for paddock stands, fuel, spare tyres, racing kit and a ramp.
And for a long day at the track, there are also a number of built-in comfort features including a fold-down bench seat on the bulkhead, microwave, refrigerator and a 32-inch Smart television.
The exterior is covered in an eye-catching livery that has been specially-designed by Motormode and features the Vauxhall Griffin riding a motorbike.
Racking key features
- Provided and installed by Sortimo UK – weight 220kg inc fridge
- Sobo Grip+ crash tested safety floor
- Sowa Flex linings
- Pro-Safe lashing systems
- Lightweight Globelyst Racking including integrated fridge.
- WorkMo mobile workstations
Vauxhall Movano Race Van Concept
Movano Race Van Concept features
- Racking provided and installed by Sortimo UK weight 240kg inc fridge
- Sobo Grip+ crash tested safety floor (9mm)
- Sowa Flex wall, door upper and ceiling linings
- Pro-Safe lashing systems
- Light Weight Globelyst Racking including integrated wash basin and waste/clean water containers and fridge.
- Two-Tier Flex Rack Unit with fully-integrated Pro-Safe Lashing System
- Fiamma F65 320 awning with single end panel (Side W Pro) provided by Camperlands UK gives shaded area 3.1m along van, and 2.5m out
- 40″ flat screen TV and wall bracket
- BikeTek wheel chock with quick release baseplate
- LED lighting
- Small Breville 800W Microwave
- Shore power electrical system Including 2000W isolation transformer, 240v-12v DC transformer, consumer unit & ancillaries
- TRP688S Motor Cycle Ramp
Based on the popular Movano L2H2 panel, the Movano Race Van Concept is based on one of the most popular Movano panel van configurations: the F3300 L2H2 powered by the new 2.3-litre CDTi (130PS) BlueInjection engine.
It has been optioned with the Premium Pack (NAVI50 Intellilink, rear parking sensors, air conditioning, trip computer) and also a perimeter alarm has been fitted.
It was also designed in consultation with industry experts including Sortimo, with the purpose of providing support and transport for the smaller and more budget-conscious motorcycle racing teams.
Unlike the Vivaro Concept, the cargo layout on the Movano is intended to be permanent. Along the driver’s side the layout features a combination of a workbench and fixed racking. The toolboxes in the workbench can be removed. The opposite passenger side has folding shelves to store additional kit.
Emptied and folded against the body, space adjacent to the motorbike can be maximised to help get it in and out easily. There is also space allocated for paddock stands, fuel, spare tyres, racing kit and a ramp.
The Movano Race Concept also features a sided awning to enable an all-weather enclosed work space adjacent to the van. This gives the team a viable workspace for a race weekend.
A number of built-in comfort features include a fold-down bench seat on the bulkhead, microwave, refrigerator, wash basin and a 40-inch Smart television.
“These two concept vehicles are the perfect way to celebrate our commercial vehicle partnership with BSB,” said Steve Bryant, Vauxhall’s Head of Commercial Vehicle Brand. “We can’t wait to take them up and down the country to all UK BSB events this season and gauge customer reaction to these versatile and stunning-looking vehicles.
“We’d also like to thank Sortimo, Camperlands UK, Yamaha UK, Yamaha Tamworth, AMCA Yamaha Motorcross Experience and Motorsport Vision for their help in bringing these concepts to reality.”