VAUXHALL is kicking off its shoes and putting on the flipflops for the Frankfurt Motor Show to debut a new version of the Luton-built Vivaro: the Vivaro Surf Concept at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show.
And it looks pretty cool to us.
So when you’ve downed tools at the end of the week, the Vivaro Surf Concept will be ideal for the weekend’s sporting activities.
The van is built to take five to six passengers (depending on the seating configuration) along with sport and fitness equipment.
Vivaro Surf Concept
- World premiere of lifestyle van for sport and leisure at Frankfurt Motor Show
- Space for up to six people, active sports and leisure equipment
- Powerful 1.6-litre CDTi (140PS) BiTurbo CDTI with 340Nm
- Built in Britain Vivaro double cab is the base
- Built in swb and lwb specs
Power is from the 1.6-litre CDTi (140PS) BiTurbo engine offering 340Nm of torque. The ecoFLEX version with Start/Stop offers 46.31mpg.
Roomy and spacious, this doublecab van offers a separate cargo area of 3.2cu m – or 4.0cu m for the long wheelbase version. The Vivaro Surf Concept is ideal for transporting wet or dirty items after a trip to the beach or to the mountains in the large cargo area.
If you’re going to have a Vivaro Surf Concept it has to look the part on the way to the beach.
The paintwork is shiny copper-brown while customised Irmscher alloys complete the look.
- Doors and tailgate can be opened manually or via Keyless Open.
- Cargo area has total permissible weight of up to one tonne
- Can take skiing or snowboard equipment, surfboards or bikes.
- The cargo floor area is fitted with a newly-developed rail system; the entire width under the second row of seats is used for a storage box that can hold small items.
- The interior, fitted by the specialists from Snoeks Automotive, features blue lighting in the sidewalls and the roof liner.
- On the roof, the Vivaro Surf Concept has a special surfboard bracket so that longboard fans don’t have to go on holiday without their favourite board.
“The Vivaro Surf Concept is the ideal vehicle for large families or groups of friends,” said Steffen Raschig, Vauxhall director commercial vehicles.
“The close-to-production concept offers space for up to six passengers with its crew cab. There is a large cargo area with numerous practical details behind the second row of seats. The sporty styling on the outside and numerous comfort features along with the ultra-modern IntelliLink system on the inside make it an elegant roomy van. The Vivaro Surf Concept is the perfect alternative for people who need more than a passenger car but do not want to miss out on the usual comfort.”
Vauxhall is strongly hinting that this concept van is more than just a show stopper and could soon go into production as a “Limited Edition”.